Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sedona, Montessori and the Lakers

By MAGGIE WANG

Today when I picked Sedona up from school, she went to hug Miss Traci, then walked to her Miss Valerie and then back to circle area for Miss Marisa, too. It was so cute how she went out of her way to hug them all before coming to me to go home. She has done this same thing another time. It makes me happy to see her loving her teachers. 

As Sedona was going to Miss Marisa, Miss Valerie and I talked about how much they love Sedona and what a great, sweet and independent girl she is. Miss Valerie mentioned to me that she is a huge Lakers fan, and she and Sedona talk about the games. Sedona even told her that she knows Kobe -- which Miss Valerie blew off, causing me to say: "Well, she doesn't know Kobe, but Kobe did meet her a Lakers event two years ago. ... Do you know what Kevin does for a living?"

As expected, a huge reaction! I'm not sure if it is because Kevin has the coolest job on earth or if she was stunned that Sedona really did know what she was talking about. Either way, it was cute and sort of funny, because Sedona had earlier in the month told me that a child's mom went to visit her classroom to talk about bones ... but Kevin and I couldn't go to speak at her classroom because we weren't doctors. I guess she'll learn soon enough that her dad has a cool job too (even if it doesn't pay like a doctor's job!).

Miss Valerie then told me two Lakers have children at Montessori: Steve Blake and Theo Ratliff -- and Miss Valerie noted that Blake drops his child off when he isn't at a game or practice.

What good daddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment