Sunday, December 14, 2008

My new big chair, plus Kobe's Santa chair

By MAVEN DING

I swear there is a correlation between physical activity and blog fame. I have definitely noticed I'm getting much more face time on our beloved family blog since I've gotten more mobile!

In this photo I am fortunately immobile (I haven't fallen off this thing yet!). I received my first Christmas present Thursday, compliments of Alice A-Ma & Toshi A-Gong. It's my very own chair, with my name even in the very same font as Sedona's rocking chair (in the backdrop of this photo and more prominent in the next photo).

As you can see, Sedona likes my comfy chair, too. (And I actually very much like rocking in her chair, although adult supervision is certainly advised.)

Why is this Santa chair purple and gold (and why is it so big that Santa might presumably fit better if he is 6-foot-6)? On Saturday, Aunt Eugenia invited my mommy to attend a really cool charity event she was hosting. Eugenia is the director of community relations for the Lakers, and her holiday party was for unpriliveged children to enjoy some big-time perks in the form of food, games and meeting the Lakers' players. Kobe Bryant sat in the Santa chair for photos with the kids, but when he vacated the seat, Sedona was quite confident she deserved to ascend to the throne.

Sedona wanted to sit there by herself, but Eugenia, Daddy and I wormed our way in there. I think I deserved Kobe's chair more anyway, because earlier Kobe had come over to us and without even asking excitedly moved in to pick me up out of Daddy's arms and enjoy holding me. Sedona did get a high-five request from Kobe a minute later, but the totally blank expression on her face got him to give up immediately and switch to a low-five in which he patted her unopened hand.

Requiring ... so ... much ... concentration. What am I doing? Well, Mommy gave me freeze-dried apple pieces tonight to munch on for the first time. I'm not sure I should be eating these things yet, but I'm enjoying them immensely ... and Mommy and Daddy are enjoying how well I occupy myself trying to eat them. Sedona is enjoying them, too, even if she only wants them because I'm eating them. (Here's a secret: Sedona has been sucking on her two fingers like me sometimes. Funny! I thought I was supposed to copy my big sister, not the other way around.)

I think the struggle is worth it. These things are pretty yummy.

2 comments:

  1. If there's ever an opening anywhere at Aunt Eugenia's work, she should tell momma Maggie, who will then pass it on to Uncle Steve...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. but I want the photo of Kobe holding Maven. surely, there's a way.

    ReplyDelete