Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sedona's First Tennis Racquet

By SEDONA DING

Daddy is away working for the week, so the rest of us went and stayed with A-Gong Toshi & A-Ma Alice. It was fun bonding with them and playing with doggies Inu and Crystal. I love kissing them and telling them to "Sit!" and "Be Nice!"

Today while Mommy brought Maven on a playdate with Ronin in Glendale, Alice A-Ma & A-Gong Toshi brought me to play tennis for the first time with my pigtails and my new pink Prince Maria Sharapova-model racquet.

I got super excited to see all the balls I would get to hit.

It was interesting to find out what one is supposed to do with this racquet thing that Mommy always carries to what we call "gym class."

I came away loving my racquet, as you can see in my face. I hope Daddy decides to pick up tennis again -- he hasn't played since he was a little guy sorta like me -- so I can play with him, too. Hmm, Mommy and me against Daddy and Maven! Fair teams!

After tennis we hit the Bel-Air Crest private park.

Maven wasn't there to see my first overhead smashes, so here is a cute picture of her. She is actually eyeing a ball to put in her mouth. When is a bigger like me, she'll know that playing with a tennis racquet is much more fun than baby stuff!

P.S. - Maven can say 'Mama' now!

1 comment:

  1. Let's get the girls on the court. See if Riley's Dora racquet measures up to Sed's. Seriously, it would be fun to let them hit some balls around the court... except that Riley is angry if you try to help her in any way so tennis looks more like golf when she plays it.

    ReplyDelete