Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hermosa Tree Lighting

By MAVEN DING

I woke up this morning to Sedona kissing and hugging me. I was already ready to start the new day ... after all, today is Mommy & Maven day (we have our regular class Thursdays).

My class had a field trip to the Hermosa Beach Tree Lighting, so Sedona was invited to tag along ... and somehow it turned into one of her playdates with her usual crew (see below).

Luckily, A-ma Ding joined us so that I had someone to play with while Daddy was away in Washington, D.C. (I do give Mommy credit for wearing the "Maven" hoodie that Daddy got for her on Mommy & Maven day, even if you can only see the "M" in this photo.)

A-Ma Ding is so much fun. I love her!
--

By SEDONA DING

Maven is right. It turned into my personal playdate, and I did have a super great time.

Every once in a while I can get affectionate with my pal, Riley. Aren't we cute? Our mommies have begun playing tennis together, so while they are kicking some butt, we play together in in what we call "gym class" (day-care service at the gym).

We did a lot of running on the pier, which I managed in my new cozy boots. Mommy put them (unwrapped) under the Christmas tree the day after it went up, and I went down there to get them out right away so I could break them in by wearing them around the house.

"Chase me! Chase me!"

One more note to cap the night: Maven woke up crying later this evening, so I tried to be helpful by screaming out, "Mommy, hold Maven! Mommy, hold Maven." Mommy and Daddy have been working with Maven lately on putting herself back to sleep lately -- her two-finger-sucking technique isn't totally working for her anymore -- and usually I just sleep right through, no matter that Maven is there in the same room.

Yesterday, I was also pretty funny, if I do say so myself. I have a sleep routine: put on pajamas and Sleep Sack, brush teeth, read two books and then get tucked into bed. My mommy was busy, so A-Gong Toshi thought he could do it ... just by dropping me in bed. Um, hardly. After Mommy discovered what he had done, she came to get me to do my routine. I chuckled when Mommy came back and I said, "A-Gong Toshi did wrong! A-Gong Toshi wrong!"

1 comment: