Monday, November 1, 2010

Gotta Love the Asian Representation!

By MAGGIE WANG

In Sedona's class, the kids were studying art and used Pablo Picasso as inspiration for an art project. They were asked to cut out magazine pictures that best resembled themselves. 

Beyonce was the best Sedona could come up with for something akin to her face! Guess there aren't a lot of Asians -- or even people with black hair -- in the magazines. The crazy coincidence is Sedona is a big fan of Beyonce's song "Single Ladies" (though she has no idea what Beyonce looks like). 

It seemed many of the kids did body types like their mothers so I get the big boobs in the pictures, but come on, Sedona ... I'd never wear that skirt and those hideous shoes! Ha-ha.

On the topic of clothing, 4-year-old Sedona and I went shopping by ourselves Saturday while Maven and Kevin napped and hung out. It was an adorable bonding experience for us. Sedona would pick out her own clothes to try on, and when I would ask her what she thought of things I tried on, many times she would respond with, "Well, if you like it."

That was her subtle way of telling me she didn't like it, because if I followed up with, "I don't think I do." She'd say, "Yeah, I don't like the pattern" or whatever it was. Mother-daughter bonding time, I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment