Kevin and I have committed to spending one-on-one time with each girl so they know they are independently special and have quality time with each parent.
On Sept. 2nd, I brought Sedona for one-on-one time at Disneyland. I picked her up from school early. She was super excited and talkative. As a big girl, she didn't even need a stroller. We walked our way into the "happiest place on earth," excited to meet the princesses that we have never met. Right as we were approaching the princesses, Sedona said her tummy hurt.
We headed for the bathroom and as we were in the stall, Sedona vomits! I thought that maybe we'll just rest, get a Sprite and she'll be better later. So we rest. After she is feeling a little bit better, I had her take a sip of Sprite ... and she vomited again! We washed up and rested again. After she is feeling better, we hit "It's a Small World," where Sedona laid her head on me and fell asleep halfway through.
We sat on the bench while I people-watched and she napped. Sedona woke up feeling better and asked for water, which I eventually gave her and then we started heading toward the carousel. She said her tummy was starting to hurt again, but the carousel was doable ... until right after the carousel, she vomited again! This time, out came the remnants of a cheese stick that I have concluded is the culprit!!! We washed up and headed home. Impressed I could even handle staying there after four vomits?
We headed for the bathroom and as we were in the stall, Sedona vomits! I thought that maybe we'll just rest, get a Sprite and she'll be better later. So we rest. After she is feeling a little bit better, I had her take a sip of Sprite ... and she vomited again! We washed up and rested again. After she is feeling better, we hit "It's a Small World," where Sedona laid her head on me and fell asleep halfway through.
We sat on the bench while I people-watched and she napped. Sedona woke up feeling better and asked for water, which I eventually gave her and then we started heading toward the carousel. She said her tummy was starting to hurt again, but the carousel was doable ... until right after the carousel, she vomited again! This time, out came the remnants of a cheese stick that I have concluded is the culprit!!! We washed up and headed home. Impressed I could even handle staying there after four vomits?
Sedona napped in the car and then by the time we got home, she asked for a bath -- because she feels dirty (makes sense!) and voila, she was happy and perfect (sans cheese)! Happy! Healthy! Running around!
I have to say that I'm glad I was with her and she wasn't at school, but yikes, not quite the Disneyland adventure I had planned.
I could only hope for a better day for my one-on-one with Maven. We met up with Rosana and Ronin and ... had a great, relaxing time!
Ronin and Maven, both barely tall enough, went on their first roller coaster ride. It was cute!
Maven watched in awe as the Pixar Parade went by, and then we hit up the carousel with her new Minnie Mouse hat with her name embroidered on the back. We also had one made for Sedona, who was at home having her own enjoyable day with Kevin.



No comments:
Post a Comment