Friday, November 5, 2010

Maven and Basketball

By KEVIN DING

Just got Maven some antibiotics and gave them to her for her bacterial ear infection that gave her a troublesome night last night. She has not been feeling down about it, though.

I'm skipping the Lakers' game tonight (I skip Friday night home games because of low web traffic Saturdays), but I just turned on the TV -- and Maven said: "I want to watch 'Super Readers,' " meaning her PBS "Super Why!" learn-to-read show.

But I turned on NBA League Pass and the first game option was Milwaukee at Indiana. Maven had watched some basketball with me the other day, and after I explained the basic rules, she was really into whether the baskets would be made or the other team would get to try.

So Maven looked at this riveting (sarcasm there) Milwaukee-Indiana game on the TV, paused for a beat and said simply: "I like this." I said OK and something about basketball, and then she said: "I watch this every day."

Not quite true, but OK ...

No comments:

Post a Comment