Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Candid Family Photos 2010

By MAGGIE WANG

Each year, I try to get family pictures professionally done. The first year, we visited Natalie Young in her studio; I think she did a great job, but she doesn't shoot families regularly, so we can't hire her whenever we please.

The second year, we hired Goofyfoot through the Hermosa Mom's Club. Big mistake! She stunk! This year, we hired Kaui from Makame Photography, and she was great! She lives in Hawaii, so we can only get her when she is in town. But hopefully she'll be in town at least enough for us to get pictures with her on occasion.

We chose Kaui because we thought she had a natural eye for meaningful candid moments -- the same reason we chose our wedding photographer and wedding videographer way back when -- and she came through ...

The one on the right is one of my very favorites! It completely captures Maven's personality. Outgoing yet shy and sweet.








I love how artsy both the pictures on the left are (above and below).

And Sedona hanging from the tree is just priceless!

And what a small world, I just Facebooked her, and Kaui is friends with Tricia (a fellow bridesmaid in Jennie's wedding). Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment