Monday, August 4, 2008

Best Day Ever?

By SEDONA DING

To kick off a very memorable day in my not yet two years of living Sunday morning, I got up bright and early to chill with my homeys in our eight-bedroom Santa Barbara rental home ...


Kendall and I shared some Kashi cereal for breakfast. I heard she was hanging out with Maven late the night before, feeding her bottled milk before bedtime. That was awfully nice.


What's going on here? Well, my pal Riley was playing a 2-year-old's version of dress-up on Maven ... by just dumping clothes and diapers on her while Maven lay there on tummy time in full cooperation. Fun!

Soon we were off to hit the Santa Barbara zoo. Suffice it to say it was about the best time I've ever had! (Even though I look a little vacant in this family portrait with a dorky fake giraffe behind me.) The 30-acre zoo was just the perfect size for us to go through in one day under picture-perfect Santa Barbara skies. Last month, Daddy and "Andrew Tsai" were contemplating in one of their great late-night chats a rare unphilosophical question: whether Santa Barbara might be the loveliest locale in all of North America. Discuss!

This picture was courtesy of T.L.'s daddy, Tommy. Thank you!
I got to feed a very real giraffe two biscuits right out of my hand. I was calm and cool, and his super-long tongue came right out and snapped the food up from me while Daddy held me. It was so neat. (Click on the photo for a larger view).

If you look closely, you'll see a giraffe in the background of this picture with Daddy, Maven and me.

Just in case Daddy didn't realize how the giraffe ate it, here I am showing him. We also have a fun video of me being captivated by a gorilla behind a glass wall ... until I spotted a random run-of-the-mill bug crawling on the glass wall and yelled out in excitement over that.

I'm a flamingo! And so is Mommy! Look at our legs! We're hilarious!

Mommy and I took a ride on the choo-choo train after I waited patiently in line. I love trains! I wanted "more" after the ride was over, but I settled for looking at a bug exhibit that had monster cockroaches that made Mommy jump! There was also a cockatoo birdy that made me laugh so hard when he tilted his head the way I did in this July 2007 baby video when I was not yet a year old. "TILT!"

Some of my very best friends in life are turtles. I have yet to grow tired of yelling: "Turtle!" And there were a lot of fun ones at the zoo, including this turtle statue that gave me a make-believe ride.

Just so you know, this is how we roll: Maven literally laid back in her comfy car seat and me skateboarding along on the stroller-attachment platform Mommy and Daddy got me after some seriously extensive research. Cool, huh? (I can kiss Maven so easily from this position, too!)

Here's Maven, as usual -- so kissable, but looking serious and/or bored!

The zoo wasn't quite as life-changing for her, but she found "animals" on her bib to fascinate her, so she's good!

I told Mommy on the way out of the zoo that the elephants were my favorite. My analysis? "Big," I said. But I really liked watching those big guys feed themselves grass with their trunks, and Daddy and I sang little tunes in tempo with the elephants' tails swinging from side to side. What a great day at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment