Monday, July 21, 2008

Smiling Maven

By MAVEN DING

The past weekend was pretty chill for me with quality individual time with both my parents. On Saturday, Mommy brought Sedona to Kendall's birthday party while I bonded at home with Daddy. Sedona loved the bounce house there so much that they were gone for four hours! On Sunday, Sedona went to Atticus and Skyler's combined birthday party with A-Gong & A-Ma Ding -- and there was another bounce house; Sedona's lucky weekend! Daddy went to play softball in Orange (It was a doubleheader, they won both and Daddy didn't play up to expectations but did hit a 3-run homer ... congrats!), so it was just Mommy & me. I love my mommy more than anything!

I haven't been out much, but now that I'm getting older, my parents want me to start exploring the world. Here we are at Sedona's favorite park: Fort Lots of Fun in Hermosa.

Sedona -- check out those tippy-toes! -- is an eager beaver and peeking in!

An artistic portrait of Sedona in the sun taken by Daddy.

And yes, there I am sleeping. Exploring the world is tiring!

Riley and Sedona are leaving the park so that their mommies can get ready to hit Burke Williams for some evening relaxation treatments. Mommy said it is very sweet that Daddy knows how to take care of us so that Mommy can go have some time to herself. I love my daddy; he sets the standard awfully high for any guy who tries to date Sedona or me. Beware!

When Mommy came home from the spa, she was so refreshed that we played, chit-chatted and laughed it up. It was fun!

I'm super talkative now. There's nothing better than one-on-one face time with someone! And I love to smile.

Daddy worries that I'm going to be a blabbermouth given how I'm always interrupting his TV time with Mommy at night. A-Gu Felix would be so proud of me. ;)

Overall, I'm doing really well. I'm going down for overnight sleep around 10-11 p.m., then waking up for breakfast in bed with Mommy at 6-7:30 a.m. Then more sleep with Daddy! I've got the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment