Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July 4th!

Maggie here. I hate to admit that July 4th has never been a real big holiday for me. But I woke up this morning excited that Sedona would be experiencing her first July 4th (last year doesn't count 'cuz she didn't know any better, like Maven this year). I was telling Sedona what July 4th was all about, and it really made me stop to think about how lucky we are to live in the States. I feel so fortunate and grateful that my daughters can do and be anything they want to be here.
Okay, enough sappy stuff.
To celebrate this great day of freedom, we brought the girls to Wilson Park in Torrance (one of Kev's usual softball home fields) for some festivities.
Sedona loved Daddy's beef hot dog wrapped in bacon, preferring it to my lamb gyro ... but I rallied at the end with my kettle corn.
Sedona was so excited about feeding the birds she was willing to surrender her precious Kashi cereal (look for it at a grocer near you to occupy your toddler!).
More swings (pretty cool photo) ... of course.

More slides ... of course.
And well, this is how much Maven enjoyed it! :)Lulu came over in the evening. Sedona and Maven had fun playing with and watching Toffee, a brother Yorkie to Inu. They seem to be dog lovers like their Mommy.
We went up and watched fireworks on our rooftop deck -- and Sedona went crazy (as opposed to her scaredy-cat act last year). She was all atwitter: “Wow!” “Stars!” “Green!” And she even broke out into song (“Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”) at one point.
After Sedona went to bed, Maven got active for her usual exclusive time. We are noticing that Maven is super alert between 8:30-10:30 p.m. It is as if she knows she'll be getting our undivided attention. Poor second child (both Kevin and I are second children).

So cute, huh? Yes, Daddy did pick the shirt!
Happy July 4th!
Love, Maggie

1 comment: