By MAGGIE WANG
In the middle of a lot of different stuff, along with a lot of work, I haven't had much time with the girls. So when I realized I had an open day Saturday, we jumped at doing a family activity!
Los Angeles Zoo!
I have been to the famous San Diego Zoo a few times (and we went with Sedona and Maven fairly recently), so I wasn't expecting much from the L.A. Zoo ... which might be partly why I was pretty impressed. It wasn't too big but also not too small. There were plenty of opportunities to see animals up close and moving, and it was not too crowded for a Saturday.
Checking out the gazelles here. Weird thing: The zookeepers cut off the baby's ears after the mother gazelle overeagerly groomed her, nibbling some of the ears off.
Yummy overpriced peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Happy full tummy!
Even happier getting ice cream while Maven napped in the stroller.
A good standard picture of my life: with my kids yet still working.(I'm on the phone while we look at Mr. Giraffe.)
Funny Daddy ... talking about what kind of big brush Mr. Giraffe would need to comb all the brown hair running down his neck.
Sedona spent quite a bit of time with the "trail map," in part because she has watched a lot of "Dora" with maps in every episode and in part because she just watched a "Wubbzy" episode where he got lost in the woods because he didn't bring the "trail map." Who says TV isn't worthwhile?
Zoo playground.
Before we left, we hopped over for one last look at the sea otters (behind that glass behind us), and then it was time to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment