It is simply amazing how our little baby Maven is growing up so fast. She is 19 months old now. That's the same age Sedona was when Maven was born.
Maven is a total toddler now. She talks a lot and is active and opinionated. She loves her pet phrases such as:
"Hold Me!"
"I want that."
"Help!"
"I can do it."
"Milk."
"Mine? Mine."
"Tze-Tze? Tze-Tze. (Big sister.)"
"Cookie (Monster)."
"Big Bird."
"Big Bird."
"Ngow-Ngow." "Baby." "Wubbzy." (All the loved ones the girls sleep with.)
"Coke." ('Cause Daddy always seems to have one in his hand.)
"Crack! (Wanting to have Daddy crack watermelon seeds.)
"Eat."
"Snack."
That's just off the top of my head. She is really communicative in a super sweet way.
The latest accomplishment is potty training. With Nanny Linda's helpful inspiration, Maven is consistently pooping in the potty -- and super excited to get a sticker for each accomplishment (because she sees loves Sedona's chart with stickers for good-behavior accomplishments).
Maven also loves parks. She climbs up the stairs and goes down slides easily. She's not afraid of challenges and is adventurous. The one thing that she doesn't like, which surprises me: animals. She will pet Inu and Crystal a bit, but that is only after she has warmed up to them. She talks about dogs and cats often, but she prefers them at a distance.
Maven is really enjoying some of her 1-on-1 time with everyone, but you can tell she also greatly misses her sister. The other day, though, Sedona asked if I could drop Maven off at A-Gong and A-Ma Ding's house so she could have Daddy and Mommy to herself. (Sedona did offer to go to their home, so Maven could have alone time, too.)
Maven is a great sleeper. She doesn't require all the comforting and maintenance Sedona once needed. Tonight, I brushed her teeth, put her Sleep Sack on and gave her New Ngow-Ngow with Baby Bellisa already in her crib. Maven said, "Bye-bye," as I left her.
Maven is great at kissing and hugging. She is snuggly and sweet. I love our little baby. She is constantly impressing and surprising me. She makes my heart melt.
So Maven is further along potty training than TL...
ReplyDeleteCan't believe she's the same age Sedona was when Maven came along! She really is such a little person now! :-D