Monday, September 29, 2008

Uncle Lester in town

By MAVEN DING

Poor me. I've been congested the past couple of days, so it has been difficult to sleep. Fortunately, I've been feeling better as the day has gone on ...

I could breathe well enough to conk out here on the sofa with Daddy before my scheduled bedtime. Mommy thought I was terribly cute and wanted to let me sleep more, but it was right before bedtime so I woke up to take my big eight-ounce bottle feeding for hopefully a long straight-through sleep night.

If you look at Daddy and me sleeping, what do you think? We look alike, right? Even the eyebrows! I often get the comment that I look like my daddy (even Dr. Saad said it today despite Daddy not being there). Yet A-Gong and A-Ma Ding seem to think that I don't look like anyone and believe Sedona is more a carbon copy of Daddy.

It's so interesting to hear from people which parent they think Sedona and I look like -- but ultimately I believe we have taken the very best from both our parents to get this cute!

Uncle Lester came to town for a wedding Saturday, so I finally got to meet him. Rumor has it he held me for a hour Sunday while Mommy was working and Daddy was winning a softball game. (Daddy's team won the championship for the summer session in their league! Yippee!) Then Lester got a couple good photos of us with his camera over at A-Ma Ding's house Sunday night.

I heard A-Ma Ding made another one of her tasty dinners. All I got was a spoon.

My mom was hoping that I'd get to start solids soon given that I'm almost 6 months old. But after my doctor's appointment today (I'm at 20.1 pounds!), the official ruling is that I won't get to start until at least 7 months (and maybe even 8 months like Sedona).

1 comment: