Friday, May 13, 2011

"Supermaggie"!

By KEVIN DING

I have a T-shirt that was handed out when I was in Orlando as part of a promotion for Magic star Dwight Howard, who goes by the "Superman" nickname. It has a big "Superman" logo in the front, and when Maggie was wearing it around the house the other day, I couldn't help but think that it fit her in another sense.

Maggie is our "Supermaggie," which I tried to convey in a sense in quick-hitting form in that Mother's Day video slideshow. But beyond being a great mom, it's amazing just how much she does for our family in every way -- being a bread-winner, manager and inspiration to all three of us.

I don't think we talk about often in this blog how great she is at her job, and just as importantly, how she is always striving to be better at it via new approaches, advice she has gotten from her huge network of people who believe in her or just what she has learned on her own. That drive to improve and succeed is one of cornerstones of our relationship and something I deeply respect about her.

With the Lakers' season ending earlier than normal, it's sort of helpful for me to take a step back and process her workload a little better instead of taking it for granted, too. I know it's a burden on her to pick up slack while I am working through the long playoffs, especially, so in that sense I'm glad the Lakers lost and I can help her more.

Sedona and Maven have their own unique energies, but Maggie does, too. She is a wonder.

I ended my wedding vows in 2003 by saying to her: "I adore you and I always will."

Well, I'll also note now in less romanticized but just as sincere way: "I respect you and I always will."

No comments:

Post a Comment