Friday, May 6, 2011

The Big Star

By MAGGIE WANG

As we go through life with the same partner for as many years as Kevin and I have -- now approaching our 13th year together -- it's easy to take things for granted and not reflect on how proud you can be of each other's accomplishments. I feel ashamed I don't acknowledge this often enough, but recently my friend said, "Your hubby is a big star these days ... giving awards and 'The Dan Patrick Show.' Must be proud."

Then I was watching "Oprah" (as many of you can guess), and there was this guy who dreamed of being a sports journalist. He got the opportunity to interview a basketball player and get a media pass, and he was raving about how he was going to cherish that pass forever. I see those passes all the time and it means nothing to me. But it shouldn't, so that said ... Way to go, Kevin! You are doing something most men only dream of doing -- and you are doing it with such integrity. You make us proud.

Pictures of Kevin presenting the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award to Ron Artest right before a Lakers playoff game -- to which Artest said, "I couldn't think of a better person to give it to me, Kevin."




Kevin on "The Dan Patrick Show," where he has been on many times now. I've played it for the girls, and they get super-excited to hear their daddy on the TV. Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment