Monday, September 27, 2010

Sedona All Dressed!

By MAGGIE WANG

I can't believe how big my little girl is getting. I'm so proud of Sedona, and well, I feel like I should slow down and enjoy this time of her life. Today was a reminder!

Not to sound like bad or lazy parents -- because we aren't, with Kevin and me both staying up late working so we can spend daylight hours with our girls -- but we've been teaching Sedona, who likes to wake up at 7 a.m., to go upstairs quietly and turn on the TV so the rest of us can get some additional sleep. 

Today when I came upstairs, Sedona was absolutely precious. She had gone potty, taken off her PJs and put on the butterfly dress she picked out the night before. She was quietly waiting for someone to come up. She didn't even turn on the TV.

Sedona has been trying hard to remember to brush her teeth in the morning also, and we're about ready to give her responsibility for doing that herself before school, too.

Since the girls have started school, my business has been kicking into gear. Kevin started Lakers training camp Saturday. We have a lot going on ... but it is important for me to slow down and be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment