Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Checking Up with Dr. Saad

By MAGGIE WANG

Both girls had doctor's appointments today, and I brought Kevin went with me after I'd heard it might be a day for numerous immunization shots. Little did I know one of our kids would be so tough-minded about her shot.



Sedona is 36.6 pounds (60th percentile) and 40 inches (50th)
Maven is 30.8 pounds (75th percentile)  and 35.5 inches (50th)

They are both healthy as can be! No immunization shots, it turns out, just the flu shot that is combined with the H1N1 (so no trip to Compton to get the free shot this year). I'm not a fan of flu shots, so I would complain if I had to get one. Sedona certainly didn't want the shot and cried while getting it as Kevin held her (although she was chipper by the time we were in the car, at which time Kevin made sure to reinforce to Sedona that as we told her, it would only last a second and be over).

Maven, though .. that 2-year-old was a trouper! She said she wanted the shot (because she wanted to get a unique bandage different from the Scooby-Doos, Barbies and Doras we have at home). When the nurse started to set her up for it -- even with Sedona still whimpering -- Maven said with confidence, "I'm not going to cry." And she didn't. She literally didn't flinch before, during or after. She was basically expressionless and even went as far as saying it didn't hurt!

1 comment:

  1. what cute outfits! I love Maven's headband... what a strong kiddo. :)

    ReplyDelete