Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Heart Aches ...

By MAGGIE WANG

I don't remember feeling this quite yet last year, but who knows. Maybe I should go back and look at this blog. I just took Maven to Manhattan Montessori today to get familiarized with her classroom. It is Sedona's old classroom, so there isn't much news there except to let Maven know that now it is her classroom. Most the kids are different, but there are a few  who were young enough in Sedona's class to stay and be Maven's classmates, including Regan, Luca and Matteo.

Maven got right in there today -- ready for reading and classwork and then made a new friend on the playground. All in fewer than 40 minutes. I'm proud of her, but *sigh* it makes my heart ache. My little girl is quickly growing up. (I think for Sedona last year I was more nervous for her to start school given her shyness.)

Kevin and I took a nice vacation to Coronado Island near San Diego, leaving Monday and returning Wednesday. We had some deep talks, with one in which I concluded that we aren't going to have a third child. I stick to that, but... I so love our little girls, I can't help wanting more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment