Friday, August 20, 2010

"Deceptively Delicious"

By MAGGIE WANG

As we are contemplating how much weight we might've gained from our Mexico cruise, I have decided that it is time to get healthy. Everyone!

The girls eat pretty healthy, actually. Sedona loves her veggies; Maven loves her meat. Both girls like fruit -- and snacks, which is unfortunate but to be expected. But as healthy as they eat compared to other kids, they still eat too much mac and cheese and peanut butter and jelly, so I'm working on putting better food on the table for everyone.

The last two days I've been a puree queen: cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and sweet potato. I've made deviled eggs that Kevin loves. The girls had tuna salad sandwich today with hidden cauliflower. Sedona proclaimed today: "Mommy, you're the best cook ever."

That declaration came as she was trying her first of the chocolate chip cookies we made from scratch together. Sedona loves them. She has repeatedly said they are "the best cookies ever!" It's funny, because I never expected the "best cookies ever" to have chick peas in them!

I've never been much of a cook but I have always enjoyed it. It's fun to be able to get back into it again now that the girls are a little older and more manageable. Thanks goes out to Oprah for introducing Jessica Seinfeld's recipe plan to me (years ago) so that I can enjoy cooking and tricking the family! So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment