By MAGGIE WANG
Kevin came home today bearing Shipley kolaches and donut holes picked up in San Antonio this morning. Yummy!! It actually went perfectly with the crawfish we had for dinner! Yes, we had crawfish again (but this time at a more economical $7.99 per pound)!
Kevin did some online research (something he is amazing at; he researches everything we do or buy online) and found a place called The Boiling Crab in Garden Grove, about 25 minutes away in Orange County. We were going to go last week but work has been really busy -- Yay in two ways: I love what I do for a living, and it's a good sign the economy might be on an uptick -- so today we spontaneously made the run.
We surprised A-gong & A-ma Ding, our crawfish couple in crime, by showing up and asking them to go with us and drove down there this evening. The Dings ate "medium" spicy while I ate "XXX" spicy ... though, to be fair, "medium" is right under "XXX." I'm not sure why they don't have a "hot" category in beteween but no complaints. It was great.
In the reviews online there were mentions of long lines outside this place all the time, which I didn't believe. But yes, on a Thursday night, there was a very large crowd waiting to get in -- although we happened to get a spot without much wait. Who would have thought Californians would like my crawfish this much? I joked that Kevin found this place so I wouldn't go back to Texas every year.
Before our crawfish trip, Sedona and Maven played in their room after the naps.
Is Maven sleeping in a big girl bed already?! Crawfish in California, huh? I guess you West Coasters might do something right every so often. ;)
ReplyDelete