Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

By MAGGIE WANG

When Kevin got sick late Tuesday night after the Lakers' game with the stomach virus (he pulled over on the side of the freeway in a rare Southern California rain to let loose the first installment), he and I separately gave it a little more thought and realized that I must have started the virus in our house: (a) I had all the same symptoms after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, although we attributed them to the Vicodin upsetting my tummy, and (b) I shared a lot of things with a sick Sedona on Sunday, so I logically should have caught it ... unless I started it and already gave it to her.

Despite all the sickness in our realm, we had a very nice Turkey Day today with Kevin in town.

We walked with the girls to South Park for some swinging, shadow analysis and squirrel chasing.

Sedona pushing Maven.

Sedona and Maven, back-to-back.

Sedona and her shadow (she loves shadows these days).

Everyone had a nice nap before heading to A-Ma and A-Gong Ding's house for a Thanksgiving feast (that Kevin admired from afar with his saltines and Gatorade).

A nice family picture, compliments of A-Go Kristen.


Squirrel watching in the morning, then slug watching in the evening! We're practically a science-class field trip.

A-Go and Sedona had a ball while exploring Maven's mouth for teeth. Maven has had two on top pop out to go with her two on the bottom.


Just my baby and me. She's growing up so fast! It makes me sad.

I thought I'd try to get some pretty shots of her posing on the grass, but it was just a wee bit too cold for her, I think.

All the grandkids (Maven happily pulling Sedona's hair) with A-Ma & A-Gong Ding.

Sedona again enjoyed playing with Atti and Skyler. They are so sweet and gentle with her. It's really adorable to watch.

A-Gu Felix joined us with A-Ma & A-Gong Wang away in Vegas with their friends.

Aunt Julie (Mitch's sister) was a natural with Maven.


The traditional turkey for everyone's enjoyment was impressively made by Uncle Steve Tsai, although his girlfriend Candice was a little better at Maven-sitting than he was.

Happy Thanksgiving! We are truly thankful for all our family and friends. They love and support us unconditional. We are also grateful to have a stable life through this sad economic crisis.

2 comments: