Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bye-Bye, Wisdoms

By MAGGIE WANG

I had my three wisdom teeth removed Wednesday (yes, I only had three, not sure why). Two were completely horizontal-impacted and full bony, one was impacted and partial bony ... basically a bad situation. Only the lesser one was coming out and a bit bothersome, but my dentist and my oral surgeon friend recommended that I take them all out.

The recovery was and is quite interesting: I am swollen and lethargic with major tummy pains.
But through all the pain, Sedona has ensured there are still chuckles in the house with her sweet and funny comments ...

Me: "Be careful. Mommy is sick."
Sedona: "It's OK, Mommy. ... It's an accident. ... Let me take off your jacket. ... Just an accident, Mommy."
--
Me: "Sedona, Mommy doesn't feel good. She had a few teeth taken out. Be careful."
Sedona: "Oh, Mommy has cavities?"
How she learned the word "cavities" and in what context to use it baffles us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment