Saturday, June 7, 2008

Laney Week

What an exciting week! I had my first sleepover party with special guest star Laney Williford.
Laney came into town from Austin on Tuesday, 6/3, with her mom, Julie, who is pregnant with another girl (congratulations!) -- and Sara, my mom's other dearest Texas A&M friend.
Our moms were surprised that Laney and I hit it off instantly: We started with hanging out at my Mommy & Me class and then hitting Whole Foods to get Laney goat's milk. (She is allergic to cow's milk. Poor Lane, missing all those yummy milk products.)
On Wednesday, we had breakfast at Ocean Diner and shared a Mickey Mouse pancake, but the highlight was BACON!

I'm not a hand-holding type of gal, but for my guest, (almost) anything! My local gal pals will be jealous to see this, because they like to hug, kiss and hold my hand -- and I don't let them.
We then hit the beach together. Given that Laney is the 'inquisitive' one, it was surprising that I enjoyed the water more than Laney. But we both loved the sand ...
... and swings! (This nice photo of me was taken by our exclusive photographer, Sara.)
We then headed to the local deli to get some food. Laney and I couldn't wait, so we snacked on grapes. See, I share!
Whew, we were pooped! Play, eat, sleep! That's my job profile!

Auntie Sara bought Laney and me matching outfits! OK, so this was something I wouldn't do for my guest, as I don't seem so inclined to hug back, do I?
On Thursday, we hit Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica for some shopping!
Bath time! Laney showed me how to eat soap. I have to admit, I didn't really see the appeal.
On Friday, we hit Art Zone with hometown friend Riley. Last time I went there, I wasn't willing to touch any of the paint because it was 'dirty.' But now I'm really coming out of my shell. Laney loved it, too!
Then we went to the Hermosa Beach Farmer's Market. Aren't we adorable?

Don't worry, we didn't forget Maven!

Thanks for visiting, Sara, Julie & Laney! Please come again!
Love, Sedona

2 comments:

  1. What a super fun week. So sad we didn't get to meet your friends or join in any activities, but we are soooo looking forward to seeing you all next week! Loretta & TL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of Sedona and Laney holding hands is so adorable!! Any photos of the four of you (two daughters with the two mommies)?

    ReplyDelete