It's Kevin here ...So in a blatant effort to earn more credit for my recent post here from San Antonio about how great Maggie is, I'll follow up now after just having seen "Definitely, Maybe" and all its father-daughter and romantic stuff again on my flight out there to Boston.
At the risk of overhyping the movie, which is the most unique romantic comedy I've seen in quite some time, to anyone who hasn't seen it ... I cried. Right there on United 164. Can't say that has ever happened on a plane before. (And what do you do when a tear rolls out of your left eye, and sitting to your left is a really big dude who is not contemplating crying in any way? Ah, it was dark; he probably didn't notice anything.)
There's no doubt that I still like my job -- even after some reader shook me up this morning with an e-mail saying he has read me from sixth grade into college -- because I can't jump in with the consensus of all the crotchety sports journalists out there rooting for their teams to lose to lessen their workloads. I like to see people succeed and write about people's success -- and I like the writing stage provided by the Lakers doing well and everyone reading my stories. So in some way, I absolutely like the playoffs.
All that about my job is meant to frame this statement: No maybes about it, having to leave home is definitely getting harder the older Sedona gets and the more our relationship develops.
And it's pretty cool, actually.
this is just too sweet. if maggie weren't so busy, i'd wonder if she was writing them. maggie, you married a good writer and a genuinely nice man. and from the score of the game right now, looks like he's coming home.
ReplyDelete