It has definitely been fun to see how much the girls have improved from their first lesson with Coach Yang (or "Yei-Yei," as the girls call their pseudo-grandpa). Sedona is definitely getting great at making contact with the ball but lately has been horsing around at her lessons. It's tough to watch, but Yei-Yei tells me that I need to take it easy on her because she needs to learn to enjoy and love the sport. Can you believe it? I'm not allowed to force my child to love the sport I play. :-)
Maven, on the other hand, has recently gotten more involved and is loving it. She is actually pretty good for her age, even if Sedona is obviously much, much better now. Yei-Yei is definitely impressed and thinks Maven has the skills to be a star, but we'll see ...
Look at her face! I love how it looks like she is just dying to smash it! My kind of girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment