The same weekend my USTA 4.0 tennis team went to sectional playoffs, Kevin's softball team was in his playoffs. My team ended up losing after three rounds, so we didn't need to play in the afternoon -- and I was able to bring the girls to watch their Papa Bear play. It was also a good opportunity for the girls to play with Austin while Mag played softball and Sarah could have some alone time with the newly born Merrick.
Felix and Kevin are coming off the field here at the end of the first inning after Kevin fielded a ball and turned the double play himself). They won that first game.
I took the kids to the nearby playground before the second game, and here is a picture of the girls running off and Austin yelling, "Wait, girls! Wait!" with his hands in the air. It was so cute.
Racing down the slide.
The second game was more of a challenge. Here's an action shot I took of Kevin ranging back from shortstop to catch a fly ball. I was proud of myself for the shot (though he didn't seem to think it captured his very best work).
Kids attempting to play some softball.
Austin attempting to claim Maven by giving her his hat. ... Unfortunately, Mag, Felix, Tru, Kevin & Co., got upset in the championship game, so no championship T-shirts this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment