I know it seems like we go through cars like we drink water but not in the case of "Coupey," my 2001 BMW 325ci. It was my first car purchase, post-graduation. I sold the 1996 Jeep Cherokee that my parents surprised me with in my garage way back in my senior year of college -- then used my work signing bonus and whatever other money I saved up to go with a lot of negotiating with BMW Santa Monica to buy "him." He was a product of hard work! (His "Coupey" name only came about once we had kids, of course.)
I bought him knowing that a two-door coupe would be out of the question once I had children, and well, I was right. So in 2006 we leased a silver Acura TL, but I got tired of hitting Sedona's head on the car ceiling as as put her in, so I sold it early in a non-smart, non-cost-effective move to get a 2008 green-black Porsche Cayenne. Before the Cayenne lease expired, we purchased a black '09 BMW M3 -- named "Blackie" by me and the girls -- with the intent for me to drive it for a couple years and eventually turn it over to Kevin full-time. But of course here we are, before our planned time and getting yet another new car.
As a Realtor, I can positively say that cars are not a good investment. (Invest in homes!) But I married a guy who loves to drive cars that can really be driven. So here we are in the photo below, selling Coupey to Lexus Santa Monica (they offered more than you'd figure for a trade-in, so we parted with Coupey right there) and buying a white 2011 Lexus RX 350 -- also freeing up the M3 for Kevin.
The girls were sad that Coupey was gone but are excited to be bringing home a new baby, "Lexi." We were extremely happy with the deal we got on "Lexi" through the broker who handles all the Lakers' auto transactions -- if you're in the market and need some help, lemme know and I'll tell you about him -- and actually set my parents up with basically the same car and deal a couple weeks after our transaction.
Meanwhile, Coupey sold fast via L.A. Car Guy's used-car system, so hopefully he went to a nice, new family that'll appreciate him! The goal now is to keep both Blackie and Lexi for the long haul!
No comments:
Post a Comment