After I brought the girls to day-care at my West End tennis club, Sedona expressed interest in playing tennis again. (She aborted some lessons I set up for her last year.) Given my bias toward tennis, I quickly made a phone call to start up the lessons again.
A while back after Sedona stopped, we saw a little Caucasian girl named Jenna playing at West End. She was kicking her dad's butt, and I was impressed to the point that that sought out her coach's information. He was Coach Yang. I gave him a ring only to learn that his English isn't so great -- but I was able to work through it and set up a time for a lessons. Fortunately, he speaks Taiwanese!
So I'm able to communicate with him, even if it's not perfect, and we are all enjoying his tennis tutelage. He suggested the kids call him "Yeh-Yeh," as in the grandfather in "Ni Hao, Kai-lan." He started out keeping things very basic and trying to cultivate the "fun" angle of running around the court. We are taking lessons once or twice a week (with Riley joining in ... and Maven sometimes off doing her own thing given her age). The girls are having so much fun.
So I'm able to communicate with him, even if it's not perfect, and we are all enjoying his tennis tutelage. He suggested the kids call him "Yeh-Yeh," as in the grandfather in "Ni Hao, Kai-lan." He started out keeping things very basic and trying to cultivate the "fun" angle of running around the court. We are taking lessons once or twice a week (with Riley joining in ... and Maven sometimes off doing her own thing given her age). The girls are having so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment