Monday, June 14, 2010

My Favorite Time of the Year!

By MAGGIE WANG

This is absolutely my favorite-favorite time of the year!! Not my birthday. Not Halloween. Not Thanksgiving. Not even Christmas! This is absolutely it!

The Lakers' season ends. Kevin and I plan and take great trips with the girls and alone as a couple.  We have summer concerts on the beach and park. Fun carnivals and fairs. Everything about summers in South Bay is just GREAT!

On Sunday while Kevin was on the his very last road trip of the season, we headed to the Palos Verdes Fair with (not surprising) Riley.


After the fair, Whitney and I played our first USTA match together this season -- kicking butt, 6-1, 6-2.

Today, while Sedona was in school, Maven and I broke out all the water toys and cleaned off the rooftop deck.

When Sedona came home, the girls had a fabulous time splashing and playing in the water in their new pool.

After a warm bath, we had a breezy dinner on the deck of Oki Doki Sushi. Sedona said, "I've never done this before," while chowing down six California rolls along with some of Kevin's sashimi salad. At the end of it, both girls stood up, asking to see our distant view of the ocean.

Sometimes I dream of having a yard where my girls can play, but I am not quite ready to give up our blocks to the beach quite yet. So for now, the rooftop-deck excursions will do. 

I look forward to having more family meals up there this summer as the girls are getting easier to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment