I'm in New Orleans now on Day 6 1/2 of this nine-day Lakers trip, the last long one of the season, and before here I was in Houston on Maggie's birthday, March 27. Can't really remember the last time I was home on Maggie's birthday, actually.
We did, however, have a nice dinner together sans kids right before I left and got in some meaningful conversation. Before that, we had that fun night out at Union Cattle with all her peeps. Before that, we got Maggie a new diamond wedding band she really likes from a jeweler I found (and we'll probably get her another ring to stack with it). And before that, we had a date to see the Taiwan-independence movie "Formosa Betrayed," starring "Dawson's Creek" legend James Van Der Beek. (Reasonably good.)
But on her actual birthday, I sent her an e-card with a little message that she is willing to share with you all, if you're interested. I'm willing to share it, because it conveys how highly I think of her. At the end, I reiterated words from my wedding vows that said I adore her, and I always will!
No comments:
Post a Comment