Friday, February 12, 2010

All the Fun!

By MAGGIE WANG

Here are a couple additional pictures of the girls loving the bike and scooter:

On Sat., Feb. 6, we celebrated Ronin turning 2 and met Baby Jordana (so cute!).
The party was supposed to be at Travel Town, but it was raining -- so we just got a lot of people together at Jimmy and Rosana's new home (and yes, I was their realtor.. so fun working with them) in La Canada. I brought our bounce house along for entertainment value.

We've been making some Rice Krispies treats here. Can you see the goo on Maven's nose?

Sunday was Hailey's 4th birthday party, held at Power Plant, a new acrobatics workout center on the corner of Artesia and Aviation.
We brought Sedona pal McKinsey because her parents were on a romantic weekend away.
Sedona was leery at first about the swinging, but once she got the hang of it, I couldn't get her to stop!
--
Sedona has been having a stuffy nose at night when she sleeps. She asked her daddy after the party if she could go to the doctor to get some help ... so here she is the next day!
She has allergies, it seems, so we've begun a regimen of Flonase and saline spray every morning and night. Seems to be helping already.
--
Yesterday, I went away for the night alone (no kids, no husband, no friends, no reason). It was fabulous. I have traveled alone for work or to see friends but never with no purpose except to be alone in solitude and take care of myself. I got the tip from good friends Elizabeth Beshear and Emily Watts ... and I thank them for the great idea!
My awesome hotel room at the Newport Beach Marriott Bayview is above. I started with a nice lunch at a local cafe, then an amazing 90-minute manicure and pedicure; they didn't skimp on anything. I hit the bookstore to buy this pretty interesting book: "The Five Languages of Love" and shopped before heading back to the hotel to watch a cheesy-girlie movie. It was heaven. Kevin stayed home and had great bonding time with the girls, including a fascinating chat with Sedona about her classmates and whom she liked best (Brandon is No. 1!). They e-mailed me a full update of the convo. Thanks, sweetie. You are the best!

2 comments:

  1. omg....MUST DO GETAWAY, TOO!! :-D

    Sedona is so mature! Asking to go to the doc! I am very impressed. Whenever we mention doctor, TL screams, "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well, I guess I would, too, if going to the doctor meant getting my chest cut open sometimes. Sorry, T! Mama's gotta be more emphathetic sometimes! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for helping ronin celebrate his birthday! he had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete