Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jury's Out

By MAGGIE WANG

I was on call for jury duty this week, so I kept my schedule pretty open -- and it made for some great family time.

We started by going Sunday to Kevin's softball doubleheader, in which his team won twice to win the championship! Congrats to our daddy!

Then we hit the Sunday night concert at Polliwog Park in Manhattan Beach with the Tucker family as our host. Hailey and Sedona had a great time feeding pigeons and climbing (see below) -- while little sisters Maven and Landry barely acknowledged each other.

After such a fun-filled day out (the girls had their own ball during Kevin's softball by hitting the nearby water-fountain play area for a while), Sedona was all smiles with her daddy during storytime before bedtime.

Sedona stole the peach I was eating and declared it her peach. This girl still loves fruits and veggies but often opts to skip the meat dishes (unless it's something yummy such as kalbi).

Riley and Sedona played together a lot this week. Here they are doing yoga!



See how Sedona and Riley are wearing their new matching Crocs?

There was more fountain fun by Pinkberry in the El Segundo Plaza ...




Kevin loves to record video, as you can tell from all the action-oriented summer posts. I agree that videos are precious to capture the moment, but I'm still partial to the camera.

Today, Sedona and Riley had a great time scootering around the basketball court next to Riley's house. Our Mini Kick scooter was a present from A-Ma & A-Gong Ding for Sedona's upcoming 3rd birthday. Maven, meanwhile, loves almost nothing more than tagging along on walks in her little red car.



I was called to report to jury duty Thursday, but I was excused after being there for 1 1/2 hours because I'm the primary caretaker for my precious daughters ... an additional perk of having children! Ha-ha.

1 comment: