By MAGGIE WANG
The day after Disneyland, 5/31: Kevin and I brought the girls to Janna Immel's 5th birthday party at My Gym (sorry, no pics).
Tuesday, 6/2: My friends Kathy & Bruce -- who are even better friends since they became my clients! -- came over with their boys Zack and Luke to have sushi together and show us what a disaster area one's house becomes with boys running around! It is entirely possible that Zack and Luke felt right at home because Kathy is already planning for them to marry Sedona and Maven!
Saturday, 6/6: Whitney and I brought the girls to the Palos Verdes Festival (sorry, no pics) while our husbands worked. The girls had a fabulous time on a canoe and bee ride.
Sunday, 6/7: We started the day at twins Bosch and Charlie's party at Robert E. Ryan Park before heading over to Siena's super-cool bowling party (again, no pics of either party). It was Sedona's first time bowling.
While Kevin was in Orlando for Games 3, 4 and 5 of the Lakers' NBA Finals, my parents came to help out ... and there is pic of that!
My parents brought yummy lamb chops, which our meat-lover Maven enjoyed to the bone!
The week of June 8th was the last week of Mommy & Me class (for Maven).
Here is a picture of Maven's class at Tot Lot in Manhattan Beach. Who's that kid lurking on the side, slipping into our group photo?! It's party-crasher Sedona Ding, who did sort of hesitantly amble up into the photo of this class wherein she didn't belong.
We have met lots of nice and fun people in this class but particularly Jenni Tucker and her daughters Hailey and Landry.
Wednesday, 6/11: The Watts family (Raychel is Sedona's pal) seemed to feel sorry for me with Kevin out of town, and we had a great dinner together.
Sunday, 6/14: We had an impromptu playdate with Raychel, her little sis Charlotte and Riley. All the girls piled into the bathtub, and we did snap some photos that probably aren't ideal for posting here.
We basically occupied a lot of our free time with playdates at parks and friends' homes. It finally started to subside last week with the Lakers winning the championship in Orlando on Sunday, 6/21, and ending the season. Go, Lakers!
Kevin's first day off to start the offseason was Saturday (6/27), which was packed day. It started with twins Natalie & Bryce's birthday party at the Southern California Live Steamer train followed by a family Father's Day celebration at Kristen & Mitch's house (and bummer, we forgot the camera). Sedona didn't have her preferred "ladybug" floatie, so she was a little timid but nevertheless wound up wanting to stay in their swimming pool long after everyone else had had enough. Maven showed no fear in there, apparently believing she could swim with no problem.
On actual Father's Day Sunday, Kevin spent time with his daughters while I worked all day. Then they joined me at Yamato for sushi dinner with my family. Sedona was thrilled to end her day with some of Kevin's almond milk tea with boba and some of my mom's Pinkberry.
This month has been filled with a lot of fun and hard work -- but it's also the start of an exciting summer.
And given it is Father's Day this month, I want to give a shout-out to my daughters' amazing daddy. I tell him this, but I think it should be documented that he is truly a great dad. He is super engaging and present in our girls' lives. They totally love and adore him. I thought he would be a great father, but he has completely exceeded my expectations.
I believe a woman ultimately chooses her husband based on the love, support and strength that her father gives her -- to which I say thank you to my daddy for showing me the love I deserve from a man ... so I then wound up with Kevin. And I can rest assured that my girls will be adored by their future husbands based on their father's love.
That's very sweet about Kevin and your Dad & your girls' future hubbies! :-D
ReplyDelete