Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Simple words

Hi from San Antonio ...

It's Kevin with a rare straightforward post that I was just in the mood to write here in the hotel room. No cute photos or fun videos, just a few words.

Noticed the movie "Definitely, Maybe" was available on pay-per-view in my hotel room, and it got me thinking back to Maggie and me going to see that movie in the theater and how we really, really liked it. And it sort of led me to a few thoughts about how I just miss Sedona (and now Maven, too) more and more when I'm on the road.

Maggie said recently the day after I left for a trip that Sedona came up to her and asked for Daddy. She was told that Daddy was gone working. Sedona said in response: "Home. ... Home!"

After I got back from that trip, I was talking to Sedona about whether she was happy that Daddy was "home." And she repeated: "Daddy. Home." And then she heartbreakingly added: "More. More."

Anyway, beyond that, my real point in writing this little note is that "Definitely, Maybe" is a romantic comedy -- though there is some seriously good father-daughter bonding going on -- and my love interest was also on my mind: Maggie is home alone tonight with both girls (our handy Mrs. Lin is gone to tend to some personal business), and I thought it was a timely opportunity to say for the record that Maggie is just awesome with the girls and with me and with the home and with her work -- flat-out doing it all.

Simple words work here: She's great, and I love her.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kevin ... you're going to make me cry! ... no, wait, you just did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael was right - you made me cry, too.

    You guys are both such good parents. It's great to see.

    ReplyDelete