Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Earth Day for Sedona

By MAGGIE DING

Earth Day celebration was April 22 this year. There was a big emphasis at Hermosa View School that really seemed to resonate with Sedona -- so much that I almost think she could become an environmentalist. 

It's a few weeks since then, and Sedona still seems to remember. Tonight, when they were going to bed, I had the hallway light on, and she went through and turned it off (really upsetting Maven) along with the night light, because she wanted to take care of the earth.

I think this is a good thing, at least to plant a seed. Sadly, I didn't even know electricity needed to be conserved or wasted money until my college boyfriend told kept telling me to turn off the lights. Yes, I was sheltered. Yes, I also have great parents -- except maybe they weren't so great in teaching me how to protect the earth. *smiles*


No comments:

Post a Comment