The momentum from Alice Tu getting us tickets to see "The Smurfs" movie screening
hasn't been stopped in part because of McDonald's Smurfs figurines,
watching "Smurfs" reruns on the obscure Boomerang channel, a birthday
gift toy set from Whitney to Sedona and now two plush and much-coveted
Smurfette dolls from Mike Trudell.
Smurfette
has made it into the beds of both girls for night-time, the highest of
bars. To my chagrin regarding my childhood stuffed animal Ngow-Ngow, he
was recently replaced (along with Sedona's longtime lamb-headed blanket
"Blankie) as Sedona's sleep mate by a 12-inch, very soft Clifford the
Big Red Dog doll given to Sedona for her birthday by my mom. Sedona
clutches that big red dog all night long -- and I will say Clifford
smells really nice these days from Sedona's sweet natural scent rubbing
off on him. Smurfette, however, has joined Clifford in Sedona's clutches
now -- and both girls spend a lot of time creating fantasy experiences
and voices for their new dolls.
Maven
still sleeps with her soft white pillowcase P.W. (although there are
now three versions of him for convenience), with a variety of other
animals in bed with her around the perimeter, but Murfette is up there
for snuggling. I named her doll "Murfette" (Maven) to differentiate from
"Smurfette" (Sedona).
Sedona's
comment shortly after being presented with Smurfette on Tuesday was
classic -- showing some clever word play in keeping with how the Smurfs
sub in the word "Smurf" for all sorts of phrases or words. It left me
quite impressed ...
Me: What present did you think was wrapped inside Tru's shirt?
Sedona: I thought it was Smurfette.
Me: Then why didn't you say you thought it was?
Sedona: I wanted it to be a Smurfise.
(Maven
chimed in also then with her own take: "I thought it was going to be
Smurfette in there because I wanted it to be Smurfette.")







No comments:
Post a Comment