It was cold and rainy the other day, and as we were driving home I spotted a homeless guy. I pointed him out to Sedona, as I've done occasionally before in similar situations, and told her how that person didn't have a home and wasn't that sad.
Sedona asked, "But where does he sleep if he doesn't have a home?" Upon being told that he had to sleep outside, where it was wet, she said: "That isn't comfy." We told her again how that was sad and she should be happy she had a comfy bed and home.
She asked why he didn't have a home and said to Kevin: "But Mommy can help him get a home." Kevin proceeded to tell her that he didn't have any money to buy a home and she said, "But Mommy has money." We explained to her that we couldn't buy him a home but when she gets older, we could help build people in his situation a home. She was excited and said, "When I get bigger, I can help build him a house ... but how do I get onto the roof?"
Sedona asked, "But where does he sleep if he doesn't have a home?" Upon being told that he had to sleep outside, where it was wet, she said: "That isn't comfy." We told her again how that was sad and she should be happy she had a comfy bed and home.
She asked why he didn't have a home and said to Kevin: "But Mommy can help him get a home." Kevin proceeded to tell her that he didn't have any money to buy a home and she said, "But Mommy has money." We explained to her that we couldn't buy him a home but when she gets older, we could help build people in his situation a home. She was excited and said, "When I get bigger, I can help build him a house ... but how do I get onto the roof?"
I've said this before, and I'll continue to blog this because it is just so true. We are fortunate. There will always be people in life that have more than us, but that's not the point. We are together, healthy and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment