Friday, April 11, 2008

Maven's Receiving Line

Now that I'm officially part of the Ding household, you'll be hearing from me too! So let's start out by hearing about me!

Here is a picture of just MOI!


Sedona came to visit me every day at the hospital. She is so sweet. She started out calling me, 'Baby,' but by the time I came home she knew my name and my Taiwanese nickname for little sister: "Mei Mei." She is a great big sis so far. I love all the kisses and the pats on the head, although I'll have to start asserting myself if she keeps trying to monopolize Daddy. Already today she saw Daddy holding me while I slept and pointed to my crib, saying: "Back." A-Gong & A-Ma Wang came to visit me every day! They think I'm super cute.
A-Gu Felix came to visit me my first day out. He brought me beautiful flowers, and Aunt Geena came to visit to from San Francisco. Isn't that nice?
A-Gong & A-Ma Ding watched Sedona while I was in the hospital, but that didn't stop them from visiting me every day too! They think I look like Daddy when he was a baby.
A-Go Kristen came to visit Wednesday during lunch and brought me the cutest rabbit that Sedona says looks like Gnow-Gnow, Daddy's longtime favorite stuffed animal -- which was precisely the effect that A-Go was going for!
Auntie Lulu & Uncle Ray brought me the GREATEST balloons of all time: one big foot & one singing balloon. I'll bet you've never gotten either of those before.

And in line with her relationship with my mom, Auntie Anita brought Mommy some Asti champagne and cookies! :-) My mom's Uncle David & Aunt Nancy came bearing a red envelope: I'm not sure what is inside, but for some reason I have a sixth sense that I should not let it go!
Thank you to everyone for visiting - and everyone who wanted to visit.

We've been quickly adjusting to home life and are happy to be together.

Please come visit me soon!

Love,
Maven Ding

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we haven't been up to see Maven yet. We really wanted to come, but I'm still fighting this cold. I need to recuperate before I go into labor. Baby A will probably be here the next time we see you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Can't wait to meet Maven =)

    ReplyDelete